Monday, November 27, 2006

Thief in the Night

Tonight when the King got home from work, he turned on all of the lights and inflated the snow globe. He had brought home a seven foot pre-lit artificial tree as a surprise for the parlor and we set it up, which took about 15 minutes. Then we got ready to take the princesses outside to admire the outdoor decorations again. The King went out first and he came storming back in. All I heard him say was that someone had stolen the snow globe and unplugged our lights! I rushed outside and sure enough the globe was gone and the lights were out. It was pitch black and hard to see anything. I ran over to the neighbors house and asked if they had seen anything and they hadn't. The King took off to find the culprits.

As he was pulling out the light shining from the headlights illuminated the side yard and there she lay, the snowglobe. The wind had unplugged the lights and blown the globe towards the back of our yard. I tried to flag him down but he was gone. With all the raucous the neighbors had come out onto their porch they were shaking their heads in disbelief. I mean who would steal a snow globe out of someones yard? I was too embarrassed to tell them no one and it was all just a big mistake. Plus I was a little worried that the King might possibly get arrested for assaulting an innocent teenager he suspected may have been involved.

He returned shortly and he too was humiliated when he realized it had never been gone at all. We waited until everyone had gone inside and then drug it around back. Tomorrow we will set it back up. If anyone has any ideas as to what we can tell the neighbors to save face I would love to hear em'.

2 comments:

Carmajo said...

Glad to hear no one stolen your beautiful snow globe.
I am sure your neighbors will understand :)

Carmajo

Anonymous said...

I'm glad a "Scrooge" didn't steal the snow globe. We are having our first real winter storm today. It's snowing hard and it is brrrrrr cold.
I love you all!
Grandma Dixie