Friday, November 03, 2006

Sweet Summer


By the end of this past summer I was fairly certain that I was ready for it to be over. We enjoyed yummy food cooked on the grill, late nights outside with the girls, watching Popstar play T-ball for the first time, and visiting our absolute favorite camping spot. Now that it is November and the weather is inevitably changing, I find myself remembering what was such a short time ago very fondly. My hands are already chapped from the cold, my roses have wilted, the grass we worked so hard to grow from seed is now dormant, and at 3:30 in the afternoon I am walking through the house flipping on lights because it is getting dark outside. I love the fall I really do, and I am looking forward to the Holidays and all the traditions of the season, but the love I feel in the summer is even warmer than the sun!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have a way with words! I'm enjoying this so much! It makes me feel like I am with all of you. Give everyone big hugs for me.
Grandma Dixie