Friday, November 03, 2006

Bank Bones

I had to go to the bank this afternoon to make a quick deposit and it turned out to be a real treat for all involved. We all loaded up into the new Chariot...finally enough space for everyone. I had Popstar and Skunk with me so it was much needed. At the last minute I decided to bring Beasley as she was tangled up in the back yard howling like the hound she is. We got to the bank and I really put on a show for the teller as I tried to pull into a space that my new Chariot was way too big for. I had to open the door to get the tube to put my deposit in because I was too far up from the console to reach. The teller and I then had this conversation:

Teller: : With a smirk "How's the weather up there?"
Me: Blushing, " just adjusting to driving such a big vehicle"
Teller: "How many kids you got in there?"
Me: "Ummmm 5, yeah 5"
Teller: "Wow, they all yours?"
Me: "No, 3 are"
Teller: "Wow 3 kids"
Me: Nothing, but thinking, has this lady looked into my finances and is now wondering how we support them?
Awkward silence ensued.

Finally the tube came back through the shoot, I again got out and retrieved it. Much to my delight there were five suckers.......and three dog bones. No kidding dog biscuits at the bank. I didn't realize there would be such a need. I guess you really do learn something new everyday.

0 comments: