Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Early Education

I have never really been the type to push my children academically at such young ages. I do however work with them through play to help them attain the skills I know that they will need once they begin school. With that said, here are a few funny Chiggie stories from the past week.

Me: "okay Chiggie, what letter is this" holding up a flashcard with an 's' on it.
Chiggie: "That's an s."
Me: "what sound does the letter 's' make?'
Chiggie: "sssssss, like cinnamon, right mom, sssss like cinnamon or like circle."

Me: pointing to a picture of a clock, "okay Chiggie, see the big hand is on the twelve and the little hand is on the six, what time is it?"
Chiggie: smiling and nodding like she is understanding the concept for the first time, " time for dinner."

Me: "Chiggie if you want to be big and strong you are going to have to eat at least some of your dinner."
Chiggie: " I am not hungry right now and I am already getting big and strong from all of the Halloween candy I ate."

What a character!

0 comments: