Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Heat Wave

Last week the temperatures were below freezing on several different occasions. We lay huddled under blankets, shivering, too scared to chance raising the thermostat and our utility bill. Then we got the wood burning stove, ordered wood, and waited. We dared the temperature to drop back down. Eagerly we watched the weather channel expecting to see cool days and chilly nights. Nope didn't happen. We have experienced a heat wave. Today it was in the 80's. I was half tempted to go outside myself, rip the cover off the air-conditioning unit, and fire that baby up! It's supposed to be this way for the remainder of the week believe it or not. Ironic, yes I really do think.

1 comments:

Carmajo said...

OMG, 80's! Must be nice, I should not complain cause it is 65 right now but we just moved to Ohio from California so I am still adjusting.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

It's nice to hear from another dispatcher! Did you dispatch for a large or small department? I've done both and definitely miss the busy 20-some dispatcher on each shift agency. I am now doing daytime clerk work for a small consolidated 911 center in small-town Ohio. It's not a dream job of mine because I LOVE dispatching but it fits my family life better.

Enjoy the heat!