Monday, November 20, 2006

Burnin Up

It is definitely the season for sneezin'. Everybody around here is stuffed up. Midge has definitely taken the brunt of it but being this is day number 5 I am hoping the worst is behind us. Today I was rummaging through the bathroom drawer looking for the thermometer when I came across our old one that should have been thrown away. It did give me a good laugh though.

You see one day the King came home from work feeling a little more tired than usual. He said he was feeling achy, and very low on energy. I suggested he take his temperature as at the time there were several really nasty viruses going around. I sat by him on the couch while he used the thermometer. To my shock his temperature was 103.5. I immediately got him a pillow, blanket, cold rag for his head, Tylenol, and the t.v. remote. He nodded gravely at my gesture. I cooked dinner and brought his plate to the couch. He was able to eat, I was relieved.

As I was doing the dishes I really began to worry. I mean that is a really high temperature for an adult. I went back into the family room and suggested we call the doctor. The King, droopy eyed, declined, and in a raspy weak voice suggested he just rest. On a whim I decided to take my temperature just to see. Wow 104.9. I felt perfectly fine, but either we were both dying or something was up. I got another thermometer from the upstairs bathroom and checked the King again. A balmy 98.6! Turns out the thermometer was faulty and the King was fine. He finished the dishes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! I remember the day you told me about that. It was hilarious. HAHA

Anonymous said...

That's the funniest thing I ever heard! I hope everyone feels better soon.

I love you all, Grandma Dixie