Saturday, November 11, 2006

Behind Bars


Bad girls, bad girls, watcha gonna do when they come for you? Well last night they almost "came" for Tea. As we were trying to get everybody into their pajamas and ready for bed last night Tea snuck the phone into the other room to make a quick call. She came walking into the family room carrying the phone and handed it to me. I took it, saw that it was on, and heard a voice coming from the receiver.

Me: "Hello?"
Lady: "Excuse me ma'am is there an emergency there?"
Me: "Ummm not that I am aware of" I mean I just used my last diaper on the baby, but does that really constitute an emergency?
Lady: "This is 911, and I have an officer on the way to check on you"
Me: " I am so sorry, my two year old got a hold of the phone. We'll take care of it I am sorry for the inconvenience."

Thankfully the operator verified our information and cancelled the officer. I hung up the phone and turned around to see Tea grinning from ear to ear. She spent the rest of the night behind bars. That'll learn her.

0 comments: