Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A girl and her Dress


I was cleaning out my hope chest this morning and there it was. Chiggie's Mickey dress! It has been a long time since I have seen the dress but I haven't forgotten its significance. The dress was a gift from a trip to Walt Disney World when she was almost two years old. It was love at first sight. She wore the dress everyday for an entire year. When we would go somewhere that she had to wear something different she would immediately put the dress back on as soon as we got home. This dress has been worn with a turtleneck, snow boots, sandals, etc. It no longer has a seam on the bottom and the side is torn and tattered. This never bothered her. She fondly named the dress "My Mickey Dress" even though the emblem is Minnie Mouse. We finally retired the dress at age three when it began to look more like a tank top. It was a sad day, she helped me fold it and watched as I closed the chest. I guess you really can't come between a girl and her dress.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a memory - it made me smile.

The King got a pair of cowboy boots when he was about 2 1/2 years old. It was winter and the boots were greatly needed. BUT along came summer and he wouldn't take them off no matter what he was wearing, shorts, swimming suit...
So...I guess - like father like daughter.
Grandma Dixie