Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wake Up!

One thing that Chiggie and I have in common is that we both hate mornings. No matter what time we go to bed, getting up is difficult. So far she has done very well getting up in the morning and getting ready for school. I made a deal with her that if she's good in the morning and we don't have any problems, then I will drop her off at school 5 minutes early so that she can play on the playground before the bell rings. This has been a great incentive and it also helps her to wake up once she's at school before they go inside.

This morning was a little hard for her. I was pleased though as while she was tired she did what she was told and followed our usual morning routine. After breakfast she hopped in the shower to wet her hair and wash off. I cleared the dishes and took the opportunity to check my e-mail. After a few minutes I went to check on her and there she was lying in the bath tub fast asleep with the water on and everything. I startled her and we both laughed. Hopefully she'll stay awake at school.

1 comments:

me said...

Oh my that is hilarious! I can't imagine finding mine asleep in the bathtub...but she's a morning person (*gag*) so it's me that has the problem waking up and functioning! Down with mornings!