Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tough Gig

This post is in no way a negative post. In fact I wouldn't even consider myself to be venting. I am more so just getting my thoughts and frustrations out a bit.

Lately I am having a bit of difficulty finding a balance. I don't think that it is any secret that taking quality care of your children, keeping your home livable inside and out, keeping up with other obligations such as youth sports and activities, and finding some time to just relax is very hard. I guess though, that until I actually lived it I didn't understand just how hard it would be. I'll be the first to admit that I have a nasty habit of procrastinating, but I have always been able to pull things off at the last minute. Now it's almost impossible sometimes.

I really feel like I'm on a game show or something where you have a certain amount of time to prioritize and get all the tasks completed within a certain time frame or else you fail. The kitchens a mess, there's homework to be done, dinner to be started, a poopy diaper to change, over flowing laundry baskets, and a screaming hungry baby. Where do you start? Not being cocky at all, I know I am doing a good job. My kids are happy, safe, and clean. The house isn't falling apart and everything else will still be here tomorrow. But tomorrow just starts the game all over again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an AWESOME mother and wife!! You are doing a great job taking care of your family. If only I were able to do half the things for Bob and Jeremiah that you do for The King and the Girls I would be doing ok. Never forget how AWESOME you are and how much you are loved!!!!!

me said...

Mommyhood: The greatest adventure you'll ever love! ;) Keep up the good work, toots, you're doing great!

Christine said...

I feel the same way most of the time. But I have to admit, if I didn't have all that going on, I'd probably be bored and unfulfilled, LOL. Just one day at a time, right? :)