Sunday, September 16, 2007

Falling for Fall

Summer is my favorite season of the year. I love the weather, the pools, the heat, vacations, bbq's, lakes, late nights, lazy days, I could go on and on. This year though I have to admit the impending fall is romancing me. I look at the trees and notice their rich green leaves beginning to fade. I can see it in the grass, the shade of the sky, and the shorter evenings. The smell in the air is different. A much stronger, sharper scent. The feeling I am getting is so different then in the past. I am looking forward to feeling the leaves crunching under my feet. I can't wait to dress the girls up and trot from door to door as they trick or treat, and then come home and drink warm cider. I think I really could fall for Fall!

1 comments:

me said...

summer = yuck for me. I love fall and ADORE winter. Having a chill in the air is like heaven for me as is being able to sleep with the windows open, snuggled under the comforter at night! :) What are the girls going to be for Halloween?