Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Manners

As she has gotten older we have started working more on manners with Chiggie. She is rather rambunctious most of the time, so this has its challenges. The other day we had the following conversation:

Me: Chiggie you're so big now. In Kindergarten and everything. You need to try a little bit harder to use your utencils when you eat and your manners at the table.

Chiggie: Sounding very frustrated, I just don't know how to eat like a human.


She doesn't know how to eat like a human? Now I'm not sure if I'm raising a mobster or Mowgli, a young girl raised in the wild!

2 comments:

me said...

We're working on not interrupting and not screeching. I too wonder if I'm living in a house with a female Mowgli when she starts to caterwaul, reaching decibels previously unknown to man! I wonder if I may end up with a permanent twitch from it? ;) Good luck with those utensils, Chiggie! :)

Christine said...

LOL, that's good! Ours is the tone of voice. They've got the words right, but their tone is horrendous. I randomly hear the phrase "I will not negotiate with terrorists" running through my head.