Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Poor Boo

***I will oblige on the picture of all 5 of "us girls" tomorrow I promise***

Today was the big 2 month visit. I was right on the money with her weight at 12 lbs. She has more rolls than I know what to do with. The visit went great and she was a smiley chunk right up until the end. The dreaded shots! She handled it quiet well actually with minimal fussing but the afternoon has been rough. It's obvious that she is uncomfortable and I hate that. I am giving her pain relievers and extra hugs and kisses poor little thing.

I have a funny story from the visit though. The receptionists at this office are never really that friendly. They always kind of act like you're inconveniencing them. Today we arrived a little early and the only one was on the phone. I stood politely at the counter reading the pamphlets and kind of pacing. I avoided eavesdropping as it is a doctors office and I didn't want to invade on the privacy of another patient. She was on the phone for a solid 10 minutes after I arrived. The baby was starting to get antsy and I was getting a little annoyed. This patient needed to let the receptionist go and make an appointment already. Another few minutes went by and I started gently tapping my pen on the counter. The receptionist looked up, held her finger up, and then said.....wait for it


"okay Mom, I love you and I'll talk to you later."

She was talking to her MOM. Whatevah!

2 comments:

me said...

WOW! You are sooo much nicer than I am. LOL I would pretend to eavesdrop if it meant she'd speed it up. I have to say that's pretty bad, her Mom knew she was at work and if she's the only one there she should have said 'I'll call you back later.' So hard to find good help, hmm? :) Yay for the good visit even if it had a bad ending for Boo.
PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! I DEMAND PICTURES. :) :) :)

Christine said...

I can't stand people like that! Where do they not understand that IT'S THEIR JOB?

Poor Boo. I hope she's feeling better soon. Give her extra hugs and kisses :)