Friday, September 14, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy

The next couple of weeks look crazy on the calendar. It's a good, fun crazy though. We have really been making an effort lately to be more active. More playing outside, swimming, going for walks, playing at the park, and a lot less lounging. It's easy as fall approaches and the impending winter hibernation to shut down. I want to make sure that we don't get too sedentary.

I kind of feel like I'm in a weird phase of my life right now. Not weird I guess, as much as different. I have basically spent the last 3 years of my life pregnant or with a newborn and it's kind of like now what? I need the book, What to expect when you're no longer expecting to expect. It's hard to believe that the pregnancy phase of my life is over. I'm definitely okay with it, it's just all I've known for so long.

Tomorrow is Chiggie's first soccer game and we're all really excited. She plays on the same team as my 5 year old little sister. They're so cute running around out there. I'll be sure to post pic's tomorrow!

2 comments:

me said...

GOOD LUCK CHIGGIE!!! I like your thinking about being more active, we're working on it too. I'm not so good at it during the summer and do so look forward to fall. :) Maybe you should WRITE that book when you figure how to not be pg/new mommy!? I'd buy it for a good chuckle. :)

Damitz Family said...

Go Chiggie!

I'll third the thought of trying to be more active. I try to get the kids outside at least a little every day while it's not too hot or too cold.

And I'm so with you on the weird phase of life! I'm going on nearly six years of being either pregnant or nursing, with only small breaks, if any, in between. Vicki Iovine has a book called "The Girlfriends Guide to Getting Your Groove Back" or something like that. But I think it's targeted more towards moms with older kids. Now THAT's gonna be weird!