Saturday, September 22, 2007

Not so Funny

I didn't think it was funny when I had to get up way too early for a soccer game today

I didn't think it was funny when after spending the entire morning at soccer (which I very much enjoy, just not so early) I had to come home just long enough to change a diaper and head to an out of town Daisy Meeting

I didn't think it was funny that I had to take the baby because she does not take a bottle and she was feeling a little cranky

I really didn't think it was funny when she fussed during the training meeting

I really really didn't think it was funny when in an effort to soothe her I held her against my shoulder and she puked projectile vomit, in my hair, and on the wall

I didn't think it was funny when I began to leak breast milk, which I never ever do, and my shirt became damp in two perfect circles while still at the aforementioned meeting

I didn't laugh one little bit when at the same meeting the baby had a blowout that ended up mostly on my jeans

But when I got home and took a gander at myself in the mirror, only then did I laugh.

2 comments:

me said...

OH MY GOSH! Woman that is a day to end all days and you so deserve a medal. I'm glad to read you could laugh about it and pray tomorrow is a better, cleaner and fuss-free day! *HUGS*

Christine said...

I'm impressed you can do all that and still laugh at the end of the day. I think I'd be in tears. Big hugs!