Sunday, October 14, 2007

Onward and Upward

Now that the season has officially changed and we're spending more time inside than we are out, we started a new Sunday tradition. When we get home from Church, instead of having a quick sandwich, we have been eating our large meal for lunch. Today we had spaghetti, french bread, and corn. It makes things so much easier. Everyone comes home from church starving. This fills all of us up until evening when everybody just munches on something small. It's so nice to come home, start a fire, and have a nice warm meal. Next week I think I'll make a roast and some potatoes in the crock pot.

Our weekend flew by per usual but it was a good one. On Saturday we went for a day hike so the King could scout for his hunting trip next weekend. It was a bit chilly at first but eventually warmed up. We hiked about 4 miles with some fairly steep inclines (I had the baby in a sling) and I have to admit my calves are feeling it tonight. I was amazed at how good the girls did. They collected things along the way such as pine cones, rocks, and sticks. After the hike we had a picnic lunch and didn't end up getting home until early evening.

This week promises to be another really busy one, but we have some fun events that I am looking forward to. Unfortunately I have to make a Doctors appointment for Midge as her Eczema is flaring up horribly. It's worse than it has ever been and I am afraid there may be a couple of spots on the back of her legs that are infected. We've been using her steroid cream and up until now it's kept it under control, but for some reason it's becoming more resistant. I feel so sorry for her and I'm hoping they can give me something that will give her some relief.

Oh yeah, and how 'bout them Rockies. There goin' all the way, I just know it!

2 comments:

me said...

Finally, a sport we can agree on. LOL GO ROCKIES!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to go on scouting trips for hunting! :) Have you tried Aquafiliac ointment for Midge's eczema? That's what we use for my kids' eczema and it's so good we use it on our hands at night to stave off dry, cracked hands. I hope she finds some relief! Have a good week!

Christine said...

I love those nice meals after Sunday church. Especially if you can do it ahead of time! Our church schedule changes in January so we'll be out at noon, and I'm looking forward to it. Big meals and naps in the afternoon!

Eczema is just awful. We really liked the Eucerin that comes in a tub to keep it at bay, and we use Coconut oil when the patches aren't too bad. But we still have to pull out the steroid cream from time to time. 'Tis the season! Blah