Saturday, October 06, 2007

All About Midge



Midge. What can I even say. Of all the girls she has absolutely by far changed the most in the last few months. The other day we were at Wal- Mart (shocking I know) and the cashier asked me how old my baby was. I told her she was 19 months old. It took me a second to realize that she meant Boo not Midge. But it just goes to show, to me Midge is still such a baby. The truth is she is really transforming into such a toddler.




The list of things she can do is endless. I don't think she ever really sits down from the time she is up until she goes down kicking at screaming at night. She's picky about everything. Who holds her, who looks at her, what she'll eat, wear, etc. Her sense of humor is great, but definitely on her own terms. She's sensitive and has her feelings hurt easily. Sometimes I feel sorry for her being caught in the middle all the time. She's not the littlest baby in our family, but she gets left out of the older girls activities a lot too.




Her vocabulary has really expanded in the last month or so. She says Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, TT, Baby, Kitty, Ball, Hi, Bye Bye and many many more. Anything we say, she can repeat. She has a cute little lisp and thanks to having older sisters her grammar is a little off too. She'll say yeah vs. yes, huh, and several others. Instead of saying uh-oh she says uh-mmmmmm uh-mmmm over and over until whatever she sees is fixed or at least recognized. One of her new favorite things to do is look at books about animals or play with animal toys. She knows most of her animal sounds and is fairly amused with herself. That's okay though cause we're pretty amused too.




We have to really watch her as she has no fear what so ever. She's the most accident prone of the 3 older girls. In fact last night we learned that you really can, if you hold your mouth just right and fall at exactly the right angle, bite through your cheek. Luckily she was left with some swelling and a tiny hole and no major malformations. Sadly this is nothing new for her. Within a few minutes she was back up running around and laughing. I'm excited to share the Holidays with her this year when she's really aware of what's going on. She makes me happy and I'm glad she's mine.

1 comments:

me said...

This is my FAVORITE age..once they get past that first year and their personality comes out, I'm giddy! I adore babies but toddlers are what make me laugh and smile more. I have a fearless daughter too and she's proven that same cheek thing and I found it quite nauseating out of stress and fear. I hate to see my babies hurting/bleeding. :)