Friday, October 05, 2007

Fall Break

Chiggie is on fall break from school from today until Wednesday. I don't mind, in fact I enjoy having her home all day, but it seems like they have a lot more "vacation" days then we did when I was a kid. Next week they go Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and then they're off again on Monday. I feel sorry for people who work and have trouble finding or affording reliable care for their kids on such a regular basis.

We plan to spend this break just relaxing. Soccer tomorrow, Church Sunday, and then maybe the park one day and swimming another. We're still doing our best to stay as active as possible. I still haven't committed to a diet or "lifestyle change" yet. I'm having a little bit of trouble finding the motivation. Plus this time of year is hard with all the Holiday baking and big get togethers that revolve around food. Now or never though, I know.

Here are some things I really want to post about soon:

  • Midge's speech, she has really started to talk
  • The girls and how they interact with one another
  • My plans for the Holidays

1 comments:

me said...

I look forward to reading about all that you listed and agree that kids seem to get more days off now than we did...but summer break seems to be a bit shorter to me too. I don't remember going to school before Labor Day and got out by the end of May/early June and that's just not true anymore. T has a random day off the 25th (or is it the 26th) of this month and that is why I'm coming down that way! Have a GREAT weekend! :)