Thursday, July 17, 2008

Anxiety

Today we had to make a quick trip to Wal-Mart, which I guess is an oxy moron as what trip to Wal-Mart has really ever been quick? Anyway it was a bit jarring to see all the school supplies and large signs advertising "back to school" everywhere. I know there always a good month ahead, hence the Halloween decorations we'll see next month, but it was still a little anxiety invoking. I mean, Kindergarten was one thing, but 1st grade? Lunch at school? Gone all day? It blows my mind really. We've talked about it a few times, but had to change the subject as Tea gets really upset. She doesn't like the idea of Chiggie being gone all day long ONE BIT. I've explained to Tea that she will still have Midge to play with and I think she took that as more of a punishment than something to look forward to. I'm hoping Chiggie being gone all day will foster their relationship.

I didn't have the time, energy, or funds to be honest, to get the supplies on Chiggie's list today but I let her pick out a lunch box. She picked out a darling metal one with a matching water bottle. She's excited, I'm pretending that I am. I've had her home for most of the day for 7 whole years. I'm not ready to share yet.....

2 comments:

Christine said...

When I saw Halloween decorations the other day I had to do a double take! Seriously? Now?

I have to be honest, I'm looking forward to school starting. I'll have two in school and they're both so excited to start. They love having the time away from home and I'm really excited about being able to spend a little more time with the younger two. The older two get their time after the littles are in bed, so yeah, I can't wait!

Although . . . I still get heart pangs when I think about how big and grown up they're getting.

me said...

I'm with Micki, I'm looking forward to school starting. I'm excited for what T is going to experience this year and to watch her grow as a person! I, like Micki, am also looking forward to the time alone with AJ. 1st grade, can you believe it? ;)