Friday, November 30, 2007

Why do I Make Plans

On Fridays I usually clean house. I love to have a clean house for the weekend and this weekend we really have some fun things going on. I woke up this morning to a mess. Yesterday was crazy and I didn't get anything done around the house. My to do list was long from the start:

  • Laundry (this is a major priority as I hate to be get behind)
  • Dishes and cleaning the kitchen
  • Changing the cat litter and cleaning out the litter pan
  • Grocery shopping
  • Taking the girls to get their flu booster

Really I could go on and on and on..... All was going well until I gave the little girls their bath. I had to turn the handle all the way to hot just to get warm water. I figured the pipes were cold and gave them some time to warm up. When an hour hadn't done the trick I started to worry. I opened the door to the basement to go check on the hot water heater and there was water on the floor. Not a lot but enough. I shut the water off and called the King. He came home briefly and determined that the valve on the hot water heater is broken. Hence the leak and the hot water shortage. He had to leave the water shut off until he can fix it tonight with new parts. This is super nice for me as I hadn't had a chance to shower. Cleaning is also very difficult without water and laundry and dishes are impossible. We can't even flush the toilet. It could be a lot worse. Really it could. It could be the hot water heater and replacing that right not wouldn't even be possible. So I guess I'm glad it's just the valve. Patience is not my forte and I'm bummed my days' plans are now messed up. *sigh*

2 comments:

me said...

Yikes! I hate being without hot water or heat but have been there when something like the pilot light blew out or whatever. *prayers* that it is easily fixed with a cheap part!! Let us know how it turns out and hopefully you can get the absolute necessities done so you can enjoy your weekend without EVERYTHING hanging over your head for next week. Ugh, I hate it when that happens!

Christine said...

Man, that stinks! I hope it was an inexpensive repair and little damage done. And good luck with the rest of your list!