Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cha Cha Changes

Big changes. After almost 4 years the King got a new job. We waited, and waited and finally the position he wanted opened and he jumped on it. He starts on Tuesday which means he'll get a three day weekend and that's unheard of around here. Financially the new job is an answered prayer. His current company was bought several months ago and salaries are going to be cut in January. We can hardly live on what the salary is, no way could we live on what it would become. The only negative aspect of the new job is that he will be gone quite a bit. Some overnights, lots of weekends, and long days. He's staying positive and happy about the money. I'm worried about my self emotionally. I'm already alone with the kids a lot, it's hard to imagine being alone with them twice as often. I will persevere though.

I had my second Thyroid blood draw today. I was surprised to hear from my Doctor this evening. One of my levels has bounced back to normal but I still have hyperthyroidism. I'll have another draw in a month. I can't take any medication at all while nursing. Beta blockers are the treatment for hyperthyroidism and that's not approved. So I will continue to tough it out for another month and hope for the best. Keep your fingers crossed that the new job goes well and I am successful at keeping my sanity.

1 comments:

me said...

Nope, sorry, I'm going to pray...no fingers over here! ;) I am SO happy to hear that the new job came thru and I hope it is what he hopes/needs. I hate to think of that much travel but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to stay afloat in this crazy world.
Is it unrealistic to hope that your next blood draw shows even more improvement and that it's just at temp. side effect after having Boo?? Now THAT I will cross my fingers for! :)
*HUGS*