Thursday, November 15, 2007

She Won That?

I hate to complain. I rarely do so, but this was ridiculous. Remember the Bear Fun Run I talked about. Well Chiggie was the Kindergarten winner. She raised the most money and therefore was entitled to "lunch with a local high school cheerleader." The lunch took place at the school in the cafeteria. The first thing that irked me was that she had to pay. She doesn't normally eat lunch at school. I picked her up at the normal dismissal time and then brought her back for lunch. If she won the lunch why did she have to buy it?

The lunch period was a total of 20 minutes long. She got about 10 minutes with the cheerleader before it was another student in a higher grade's turn. When I came in to get her she was sitting at a different table entirely. She had told the principal she was done eating. Granted she hadn't hardly touched her food, but they wouldn't let her dump it. The principal approached me and mentioned she hadn't really eaten and that it was up to me to decide if she was done. So I guess my choices were

a: Let her dump the tray. She was obviously nervous, it was the first time she had ever eaten at school.

b: Make a scene while forcing her to finish her tray.

I chose option a and we left. She said she had a good time and seemed happy about it. Me I think it was a joke. She raised a lot of money and that was her prize?

1 comments:

me said...

Um, sounds pretty lame to me too! I'm glad that at least C was happy with the whole event! That is what truly matters, right? I'm sorry they made it so awkward for her tho, not allowing her to toss what she didn't eat. I'm guessing she'll be bringing lunch from home next year? ;) T takes lunch from home except the days we come eat with her.