Friday, November 02, 2007

A Day in the Life: Afternoon

12:00: Lunch is over and cleaned up. The girls play and I read to whoever will sit still enough to listen.

1:00: Nap time. The only real napper is Midge. I change her and carry her upstairs to her crib. I lay her down cover her up and out the door I go. Back downstairs I put a movie in for the older girls (Spy Mates) and sit again to feed the baby.

2:30: Amazingly the girls actually watch the movie and we get some real quiet time. I take the opportunity to cuddle and play with the baby. After the movie is over I straighten up the house while the girls play dress-up.

3:00: Wake Midge up and give the girls a snack.

4:00: Watch Dr. Phil while the girls play happily upstairs (this rarely happens, but I take it when it does)

5:00: The girls come back downstairs and begin asking about dinner.

5:30: I call the King to see what time he will be home. We decide to just grab something for dinner.

6:00: The King comes home, with dinner, and we all gather 'round the table and eat together.

6:30: The King and Midge make a quick store run (for Friday night goodies) while the older girls and I quick clean-up after dinner.

0 comments: