Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday

I'm tired tonight, but it's a good tired. We had one of the nicest Saturdays today that we've had in a very long time. I went grocery shopping with Boo this morning, came home and had a nice lunch together, and then our whole family went to a birthday party this afternoon. Nobody puked or ran a fever. It's been over a week and with the way things have been going lately I must say I think that's a new record.

The girls are making me laugh often these days. Midge is a little parrot. Everything we say she repeats. She amuses the other girls and they will often say things just to hear her say them back. Tea has really transformed into a little girl. This is the first year that I think she really gets the Holidays. She's very excited for Christmas and I love that. Chiggie is on the cusp of reading. She can sound out words and loves to write. She loves books and I love that we have this is common. Boo is amazing. I love the way she curls into me as we sleep, giggles when I change her clothes, and watches me wherever I go.

This season always makes me emotional about my family. I truly wonder how I got so lucky. To have 4 beautiful girls that mean so much to me. I love sharing the Holidays with them. Watching them grow and appreciate the love we have for one another is an awesome thing.

1 comments:

me said...

Dang woman, you're sentimental tonite! I got all weepy earlier when T came to give me kisses goodnite while I was in the shower...as she's being carried away on Daddy's shoulder she says to me 'I love you Momma!!' *sigh* That right there makes every poopy tub, toast crumb mess and shoe pick-up I've done today worth it. Don't you agree? I feel SO BLESSED to be a mom. To have been given this chance to do something so important and rewarding. We are lucky, even if we're barely holding on somedays! I am SO ready for Christmas!!! *HUGS*
Thanksgiving plans?