Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Object Permanence

We learn this concept as babies. Sure enough if you put a blanket over the toy, the toy does not disappear. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it isn't there. So this morning while I ran through my house frantically searching for my keys I had this in mind. Madly pulling out couch cushions, leafing through the trash, and yes even sticking my hand down the toilet. Time kept ticking and I was no closer to finding the elusive keys. I gave up. It was too late anyway Chiggie was already late. I called the King and he was in another town altogether. In comes plan C.

I put jackets on the girls, put the baby in the front pack, and we walked in the cold, to school. I had to go inside, wild haired and in my pajamas mind you, and fill out a tardy slip. Chiggie got to class, 20 minutes late, and we walked home. Almost home I saw a figure walking towards us. It looked like the King but I wondered if in my exhaustion or frayed mental state I was hallucinating or perhaps it was a mirage. Sure enough there he came. He found the keys under the back seat in my car. I must've dropped them when I was getting the baby out last night. Grrrr

1 comments:

me said...

YAY! for the King finding your keys and coming all the way home to help out! What a man, hmm!? Go on, give him a hug...sounds like you need one this morning, toots! ;) I'm sorry it was a rough start, here's hoping the day improved like fine wine. *HUGS*