Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Phew!

Little House on the Prairie we are not. So thankfully the dryer was easily fixed. Turns out the heating element went out. Luckily a local appliance shop had a used part that was "practically" new and sold it for less than an arm and a leg. It's amazing the things we take forgranted. When my clothes stopped coming out of the dryer hot and fluffy and exited damp and chilly I panicked. I begged the appliance not to do this to me. Sure I am not as on top of the laundry as I should be, but I could change. I envisioned myself never overloading, always taking the laundry out on the first buzz, and keeping the lint filter sparkly clean.

Now it's back up and running and I can't make any promises. It seems a lot of the promises I made were under extreme duress. I will do my best though, we have a cold front coming through and the idea of my kids new spring clothes shivering on the line is quite the incentive.

0 comments: