Sunday, March 25, 2007

Boys and Girls

Just out of curiosity I have often wondered how different my life would be if I were expecting our 4th baby boy. When I was at my last doctors appointment there was another lady there with her 6 week old newborn son. She informed me that it was her 4th boy. I told her I was expecting our 4th girl, and we both just kind of laughed.

I think all children have different personalities of course but my girls are very girly. They love all things pink, frilly, and fancy. Even Midge will run her hands against pretty fabric, smile and say, " oohhh pitty." Sure they love to play in the mud, well the older two do, Midge refuses to even get even a little bit dirty. They enjoy camping and fishing and lots of different sports. But ultimately they talk about fashion, cheer leading, dances, make-up, fingernail polish, and all things important to a princesses' very existence.

I wonder what my life will be like when they are teenagers? I am sure boys take it to extremes just the same, only on the other end of the spectrum. There are just some things we'll never know.

0 comments: