Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Whoobie Whatie?

Yeah yeah, I stole my title from The Grinch, I am only so creative you know. It seems like this year has been crazy busy. Not normal Christmas crazy busy but above and beyond crazy busy. I love the season and all that goes with it but I have found myself becoming more and more reclusive. It seems the most memorable Holiday events are the ones we spent right here at home with family and not really at all the parties and big events.

We opted not to go to the King's Company party this year. Partly because I was so sick and partly because it was at a fancy restaurant where we would have had to both pay for our own meal and provide two gifts for a gift exchange. I didn't really know how people would react when we pulled our sack lunches from a cooler and dined on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and potato chips. We've just never really been the corporate type.

Chiggie's preschool ended up scheduling two parties. One for today and one for tomorrow. That means two days in a row of getting up early, dressing up, and taking the babies early to participate in the party activities. Why they did this I am not entirely sure. I am so excited for this weekend. Not for all the awesome plans we have but for all the free time we will have. We plan to just veg out as a family, listen to Christmas music, watch movies, and go to church. A little break from it all........

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like your father! I have to protect his "down" time. He cherishes and needs that time to re-energize for all the demands on his time throughout the week.

G'mama