Saturday, December 02, 2006

Christmas Parade


If I were speaking to you now, you wouldn't understand a word I was saying. My lips and face are frozen. I can barely type my hands are so rigid. It snowed all day and the high was in the 20's. I finished my baking but thought for sure there would be no parade. I mean the roads were like an ice rink, the temperatures were predicted to drop into the teens, and the snow would just not quit. Who would go anyway right? Wrong. The parade was not cancelled so neither was the bake sale. Now, the parade was not cancelled but more than 75% of the participants dropped out due to the weather conditions. We couldn't get a refund because there was no official cancellation so we stood out in the blustery cold to make $5 on a few chocolate chip cookies. We had technical difficulties with our hot chocolate and cider, basically they never got hot. In total I think there were 7 floats. The whole parade lasted about 15 minutes. We were there though for 3 hours what with set up and take down.


The King kept Tea and Midge home as it was just way too cold to have them out. Chiggie did very well under the circumstances and was none the wiser that the whole thing pretty much stunk. To end on a good note, here Chiggie is her first Christmas sitting on the big guy himselfs' lap. She was so tiny. Anyway I am off to unthaw by the fire!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't even try to go to those Christmas parades - because it is just too cold for me. I'm sorry you didn't make more money in your bake sale - but - - on the bright side, you could mail me some cookies.
Love Grandma Velma