Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Famous Last Words

Not feeling well today and laughter really is the best medicine so I will leave you all with a little bit of humor from our house to yours. Here are some famous last words that the King or I have spoken in the last week or so.


" I see the lid, but where's the marker?"

"Who got chocolate on the floor?" After further investigation, "Everybody move and somebody get me a rag, it's not chocolate."

Said in a high pitched squeaky voice, "open up that cute little mouth and let me feel your new tooth!" Yeah, ouch.

On a bit of another note, when I was a dispatcher I had to take a class on negotiations. We learned several tactics and techniques for talking someone "down" in all kinds of circumstances. I must say though none of these techniques worked on my two year old perpetrator.

Me: Very Sweetly "Tea put down the cordless phone. Put it on the floor very softly. I have candy"

Tea: Grinning dangling the phone over an open toilet. "NO!"

Me: Panicking. "Please, don't you want some gum?"

Tea: Thinking it over. PLOP!

Yeah, just like we learned you can't reach 'em all.

0 comments: