Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Frustration *Updated*

Remember in December when I lost my wallet? Well, I forgot to mention it, but it turns out it wasn't lost at all. About three weeks ago I received a call from the Sheriff's Office informing me that my wallet had been turned in by a county road crew. It was found off of a county road in the mountains quite a while from where I last had it. I was told all that was left inside was my library card and drivers license. No cash and of course no debit card. I was disappointed. Not really so much that the money was gone as the fact that my wallet was actually stolen.

I had convinced myself that I had lost it somewhere and really I'd made peace with that. It bothers me that it was stolen. I had already bought a new wallet, cancelled my bank card, and been through the brutal DMV process so the fact that it had been found brought me no real solace. Long story short I never went and got it. Tonight a Sgt. called me and was unbelievably rude. When I apologized and said that I would come and get it in the morning he acted like that wasn't soon enough. He said he would just bring it to the house around seven. Like even having it at the office another day would be a huge inconvenience. To make matters worse he still hasn't shown up. I'm assuming he had to respond to something higher in priority like say a report of cow tipping or maybe even mud bogging. Sheesh I'm the victim here ....

*He never showed up. He finally called around 10pm and asked how late I was going to be up. I told him not to come that I would be there to pick it up. I'll go this morning and get it out of their way.*

1 comments:

me said...

SO? Did he show up? I'm sorry about your wallet, you hate to think of it being a theft. I would have preferred to remain oblivious and say I 'lost' it too! Don't forget to check your credit report!