Sunday, April 26, 2009

Camp

Point your kids in the right direction-when they're old they won't be lost. Proverbs 22:6
Instead of Sunday school today we had a guest speaker. The adults and the youth gathered in the sanctuary to hear about the upcoming summer camp programs. The speaker engaged the audience in a few games and got the kids really excited. Afterwards Chiggie could not stop talking about it. We grabbed a brochure on our way out the door. While out to lunch we browsed the brochure and found that the camp offers a special session for kids just her age to come along with a parent. After talking about it we decided it would be a great opportunity for her, and me, for that matter. So at the end of June I'll be taking Chiggie and my two little sisters (7 and 9) to camp. I think I'm as excited as they are. My Mom graciously offered to watch the little girls during the day. The King will of course have them when he's not at work. ( I'll post soon about some major changes in that department) I think Chiggie put it best this afternoon when she said, "we just have so many good things happening in our lives right now!" That we do!

2 comments:

J-Bug said...

I'm glad you are doing the camp thing. It's going to be a great experience for all of you. I can't wait to see the next post.

me said...

That sounds like an adventure and a half and I can't wait to hear all about it! :)