Wednesday, April 01, 2009

April

Even when the weather is cold and snowy once April comes in Colorado you have officially arrived. Spring is here and summer will be soon to follow. That makes today a day for celebrating. The temperatures aren't spring like, but the skies are clear so we'll take it.

I wish we had been able to start our house projects earlier so we could move on to the things we want to do outside but it just didn't work that way. The dining room should be finished by the beginning of next week at the latest and then we have to make some decisions about what we want to do in the family room. We're deciding between hardwood flooring and carpet. I'm all for carpet in the family room it seems so much more casual. At the same time we have 4 kids and a dog so.....

When we bought this house I must say I was rather naive. I knew there were things that I wanted to change I guess I just never realized how many things and how expensive it would be. My dream would be to have a custom home built. Not a fancy pricey one, just one that we helped design. By the time we're done here it probably will be the equivalent of building a new house...

0 comments: