Monday, February 04, 2008

Weighing In

A week ago today I officially started going to the gym. I went 4 days last week and did 40 minutes of cardio each day. I plan to do the same thing again this week. Last Monday I weighed just to get an official "just started the gym" weight. I weighed again today and I lost 4lbs. I must admit that I was slightly disappointed. I don't know what I was hoping for but it just didn't seem like enough, considering the sacrifices I feel I've made. I've lost a total of 8lbs since beginning my diet. I know I have to just hang in there and every pound is another pound gone. It's just hard.

I really have to stay focused and just take it day by day. Summer is right around the corner and I know I'll regret it if I don't buckle down now while I still have a chance to see major improvements by then. The actual dieting isn't going so bad, I'm just not entirely used to limiting myself. I can do this.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can totally do it! 8 lbs is an awesome start and you should be proud!!!!

Danielle said...

Just remember that a pound a week is a "average" loss if you are doing it right. If you started this at the beginning of January, you are "above average!" Keep up the good work!

me said...

GO QB GO! :0) You've lost more than me and I've been working out longer. I gotta work on the diet. *sigh* KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!