Tuesday, February 05, 2008

In 2 3 4, Out 2 3 4

Sorry just had to remember and use my Lamaze breathing today at the tax place. No, it wasn't because I was nervous. We didn't owe or anything. It was the sheer amount of time we had to wait in their teeny tiny office. I called this afternoon just after I got the mail. We had received the last W-2 we needed and I was anxious to get the whole thing over with. Luckily they had a 1:00 appt available.

I ran around like a crazy person trying to get everyone in coats, hats, and boots. It was a snow day today so things were a little off. We got there just in time and took a seat to wait. And wait, and wait, and wait. After an hour of waiting I started to get perturbed. The girls were being good, but it was taking more energy then I had available to keep it that way. The room got more and more crowded as person after person showed up leaving standing room only. After an hour and a half of waiting I was very noticibly annoyed. The receptionist brought out coloring books and crayons for the girls. While this helped them, it made me even more crazy. Now I had to make sure they only colored in the books, didn't eat the crayons, etc.

Finally after two hours, yes two full hours passed our scheduled time, we were called back. I was literally shaking by this point and my muscles in my neck were sore both from tension and holding the baby for so long. The lady was apologetic and quick. Thirty more minutes and we were on our way home. I stopped at the gas station on the way home and bought myself a soda. It was diet and I figured that was better than swinging by the liquor store!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I absolutely HATE it when people waste my time. I feel like it is one of the most inconsiderate things you can do to someone. It basically tells me that they don't think my time is as important as theirs. HOW RUDE!

me said...

Don't you wish you could bill THEM for YOUR time? Did you get enuff money back to take the sting out of their tardiness? That's always the best, a nice check to look forward to. :) Congrats on getting the taxes done! :)