Monday, February 25, 2008

Party Time

What a crazy weekend. The King was really sick and that was a huge bummer. He was only home for a day so we just had to push through anyway. Midge loved her new trike. She's learning to pedal it, with a lot of help from her sisters, and she looks too cute wearing her new helmet. I can't believe she's really two. It's exciting that they're all getting older. I have so much to look forward to.

Watching her personality just bloom has been quite the experience. She really is such a good little girl. I can take her anywhere and she will sit patiently on my lap or play quietly. We're starting to work a bit on potty training. We've introduced the potty and occasionally she'll sit on it. I plan to make a bigger deal out of it in the next few months. I have a feeling she'll be an easy one to train as she loves to please but we'll have to see.

Her party was a milestone for me as well. It was the first time since I started my "diet/lifestyle change" that I've been exposed to mass quantities of delicious food and had to really watch my portions. I'm proud to say I made it through, but it was tough. My Mom made a wonderful meal of Lasagna, french bread, salad, and then cake and ice cream for dessert. I passed on dessert as I felt full already and didn't want to push it. The surprise came today when I weighed in and saw that I'd lost another 5lbs bringing me up to 25lbs total. I was obviously thrilled. I am now about 20-30lbs from my goal weight. I know that seems like a pretty wide range but I'll have to see how I feel after 20 more pounds. Things have been going great at the gym and I really think I've established a routine and it feels good! Life is good right now and I'm trying to just live in the moment!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats on the weight loss and on the 2 year old milestone with the little one. Such a cutie!

me said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That is the CUTEST trike! I'm sorry the King was sick, I hope he's feeling better!

Christine said...

I'm sorry to hear the King was sick - is he doing better? Sounds like a good weekend with the exception of the illness. Weight loss, bday party, adorable kids? Sign me up! ;)