Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

What a day it's already been. Here is the lovely fruit platter that my Mom made for Chiggie's class party. The kids loved it and believe it or not there was not a piece of fruit left when the party was over.
Chiggie looked adorable and I'm pretty sure she was more excited this morning than she was on Christmas. She loves Valentine's Day because she loves to dress up and eat candy. Perfect combination.
The girls love getting to be a part of things and behaved themselves wonderfully the whole time.
I'm glad they get to come along and experience the fun.
Midge is always a little nervous and watches me at all times. She loved her skirt and showed anyone who would pay attention.
Boo unfortunately is not feeling any better. As soon as we got done with the party I took her to the Ped's office to be seen as I was becoming more and more concerned. Last night was awful. I finally just ended up getting out of bed at 3am and running a steamy shower. Her and I just sat in the bathroom. It helped open her airway but I was still pretty freaked out. As I suspected she has croup not Influenza. The other girls most likely had croup as well. Being that she is only 6 months old, hers is more severe. She was given a shot of steroids and I hope that will do the trick. I feel sorry for her and I don't think I can take another scare like last night. I hope everyone has a loving Valentine's Day.

5 comments:

me said...

Oh toots, can I ever relate! I am so saying a prayer for you and Boo (& the rest of the kidlets!!) for health and some good rest this weekend! I'm glad the Vday party went well and the kids all had a good time. *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Boo is so sick. Jeremiah went through that a lot when he was real young too. We will be praying for you and the girls.


We Love You.

Anonymous said...

Your girls look adorable at the party! That's so neat the siblings can come too :)

When we did the influenza thing, the ER doc told us that secondary infections like croup, RSV, pneumonia are often worse than the influenza itself. I hope it's just another effect of the original bug.

I'll be praying for Boo and the rest of you!

Danielle said...

Are your little sister and your daughter in the same grade? I forgot what the age difference is...

Family_Dauk said...

Yes, Marlee is in K as well. Camie is in 2nd. They go to different schools though.