Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday

Friday at last. I needed today to be Friday. This has been another busy, but successful week and I'm so glad to be onto the weekend already. Last night was Chiggie's "Thinking Day Festival" for Daisies. I unecessarily stressed over the whole thing and it ended up going great. All the girls had a wonderful time. They visited over 15 different booths that all respresented different countries. They bought food, drinks, and crafts from the booths. Our troop had Scotland and it was a blast. We sold Sporrans, tablet, and Ginger Ale. We also had a fishing game where the girls could try to catch the LochNess Monster. It was fun.

The King will be home this weekend and while I'm excited for that it's never long enough. This is a very strange work situation and I don't like it at all. I'm willing to continue because our choices are pretty limited, but I miss our normal. I'm going to do my best to just enjoy the weekend and not worry about next week. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

How long is your hubby gone at a time? Is it is set schedule?

Family_Dauk said...

It really does vary. For right now he is home every other Sunday. He works 13 days on 1 off. It's a contracted job that ends in April and then a new one starts. With the new job he should get a 3 day weekend and the location is closer so we'll see him a lot more. He is working towards his license so that he can get a local job. Hopefully it won't take him too long.

Danielle said...

Only ONE day off at a time???!!! That stinks! You really are a superhero with those kiddos all to yourself for 13 days at a stretch!

me said...

YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK!! *HUGS* It'll pay off, it will! Just keep your chin up and moving fwd and April will be here before you know it. I'll send up a prayer that Hubby gets his license quickly and a local job to match. :) I've had my second week of craziness as well so know that you're not alone and I AM going to call you. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hugs to you! Enjoy the weekend - it really stinks having hubby come and go that much, but I'll pray that the license comes soon. You're a hardworking woman!!!