Monday, February 18, 2008

Steady on the Course

Today, after an almost 2 week hiatus, I was finally able to go back to the gym. I'm proud of myself because my gym partner is out of town but I went alone anyway. The girls were even well enough to hang out in the kid's room while I did 40 minutes of cardio. My weight hasn't budged since last week but I guess I'm not too surprised. I have been eating very good, but hadn't had a chance to work out at all. Plus with such a big drop last week I didn't have huge expectations for today.

This weekend I went out to eat a couple of times with family and surprised even myself by eating off of the "guiltless" menu each time. Eating more healthy is definitely becoming a habit. My cravings have become less intense and I feel satisfied most of the time. It's a tough road but each sucess makes it worthwhile. The nice thing is I have no real deadline. There's no major event I'm trying to get in shape for. That takes the pressure off and helps me in the patience department. Now if I could just get my kids to eat a little healthier......

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Great job on the gym! Half the battle is just getting there!

me said...

Ok I'm totally not in the mood to congratulate you b/c I AM SO COMPLETELY JEALOUS. Could you come and kick my butt into gear? PUHLEASE? *sigh* You rock, sistah, keep up the good work and give us some pictures???? (hello? self timer!)