Sunday, February 10, 2008

Uh Oh

Midge most likely has Influenza. High fever, terrible cough, body aches, swollen glands, you name it she has it. She was seen this morning at our pediatrician's office (by a different doc) and she agreed Midge had all the signs. We are pushing fluids and 'round the clock administering fever reducing meds. I believe Tea has it as well, same symptoms just less severe. If your wondering, yes that had the flu shot. But when we went back a month later to get their booster the county was out. Same with Boo. I tried to get her the shot once she turned 6 months old, but no such luck. Chiggie had her shot and is doing perfectly fine.

No one really slept last night at all. Midge coughed and coughed and coughed. I did too, but that's the extent of mine, just a cough no other symptoms. The King is home right now and I really hope he doesn't catch it and go back to work sick. Yuck!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That's awful! I'm sorry your kiddos are sick (and you too!). I hope everyone feels better quickly!

Christine said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!! I'm praying hard for all of you - we just did this last month.

Our doctor told me that this years flu shot is only effective on one of the three (two?) strains that are out. I know that won't fix anything, but at least it might keep the arguers off your back.

Hugs!

me said...

*~*HEALTHY VIBES*~* Hope it gets better quick and doesn't take down the whole house! *HUGS*