Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Trip to the Big City

Let's face it. My family basically lives in Mayberry. The biggest store in our town, by far, is Wal-Mart. We only have one major Restaurant chain, and a few fast food joints. So today when we headed to the "Big City" to do a little school clothes shopping, it was interesting to say the least. I felt a little like Ma Walton bringing the family down into town from Walton Mountain.

Chiggie: Wow! This is so cool, all these stores in one place.

Me: Yeah, it's called a mall.

Our trip was successful, but hauling four kids through all those stores made us happy to return to our little town.

1 comments:

me said...

We're headed to Denver tomorrow for school shopping and one last trip before school starts and we can't take off on a weekday! Wish us luck, I hate the traffic...and I used to live there! LOL Love the waltons reference, too funny!