Thursday, August 09, 2007

School Supplies

Tonight felt like a Friday. As soon as the King got home from work we all headed off to Wal-Mart to buy groceries and Chiggie's school supplies. Thankfully the store was not too crowded and we moved through the aisles quickly. We did all the grocery shopping first, adhering to a very strict budget.

After making sure we had everything we needed, we were off to the other side of the store to check out their school supplies. We found the list for Kindergarten and her school and were happy to see it didn't seem too bad......at first. As a matter of fact it wouldn't have been bad at all if they didn't specify what brand you had to buy. There was no way to bargain shop. The list was very specific and left little room for negotiation. In the end it was about $40-$45. It was exciting though. For her and us.

Once we got home we ate dinner and then loaded the supplies into her new back pack. Surreal I tell you, I have a school aged kid!

1 comments:

me said...

Stop that, you're scaring me. We are planning to go next week when we're in Denver...and I'm thinking we'll spend the same after you realize they have names like 'Elmer's' and 'Crayola' on their list. I can see their point as 'Roseart' is just crap but when you're buying two 8 pack boxes AND three 24 pack boxes it makes ya twitch. Sad that we have to provide all this despite the taxes we pay. Ho hum...as for that last comment I refuse to focus on that or I might cry. ;)