Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sittin' Pretty

We sat Buster in the Bumbo for the first time the other day and he really loved it. He likes to be positioned upright so he can see everything that's going on. He's not really ready to sit in it for very long at all, but long enough to take a really cute picture.

Today has been a long day. It started off wrong when I went to throw in a quick load of towels and my washer started sparking and flames shot from the lid. Very uncool. I of course panicked. The thought of taking 7 people's worth of laundry to the Laundromat was not appealing. Then, just before lunch I remembered that Chiggie had specifically requested a cold lunch today and I had forgotten.

Luckily both problems ended up being easily solved. There were some loose wires on the washer. My Step-Dad came by on his lunch break and fixed that. The towels are now safely drying. As for the lunch, I packed one quickly and made it to the school in time. Tea ran it in to the office for me. She is really growing up. One of the benefits to having an older sister is she knows the school so well that she won't be nearly as nervous for Kindergarten. Anyway, in the end it all worked out. I'm working on being more flexible, but it's not always easy.

There is no school here tomorrow so I'm taking the kids to see a movie. It will be interesting, but my Mom and Sisters are coming too so we'll have lots of help. Then the King has Sunday off and we're all excited for that. It will be so nice to have help on Sunday morning!

1 comments:

me said...

We have no school either. We have eye appts and then cleaning for overnight visitors. I was a bum today so I can't really complain...though I would like to. Hehe
What movie did you see? Hope it went good!