Sunday, April 11, 2010

For the Record

This post is mostly just a vent for my future records. Someday when I'm complaining I want to look back and remember that sometimes really are harder than others. I was just back at the doctor on Friday over the whole blood pressure/earache issue. Just when I thought I was closing this crazy chapter of my life I woke up today feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. At first I just assumed I had the same thing virus/cold that has been working its way through our family for some time now. I even went ahead and got everybody ready for church.

About 1/4 of the way through the service I knew it was just a little more serious than a virus. I was feeling nauseated, my body hurt, and I could hardly swallow. I went to the restroom and splashed some water on my face. It didn't help. I decided to leave. I took Buster with me but left the girls to enjoy Sunday school and my Mom offered to bring them home. I made it home, changed and took my temperature. It was 102.7 on Motrin. Ridiculous. I spent the rest of the morning sleeping with the baby. It was very restless as I was chilling horribly and my head and throat just hurt so bad. Now tonight my neck is killing me, my glands are swollen, I have a fever, and I'm pretty much just gonna go ahead and accept the fact that I have strep throat. For the first time in 16 years mind you.

Is this insane to anybody else. I know it could be so much worse, but this sickness stuff just feels like it has gone on long enough. I don't even remember what it feels like to be 100%. Top that off with never sleeping through the night and taking care of 5 kids during the day and holy cow I'm barely hanging on here. I just hope tomorrow, when I go to the doctor AGAIN, I finally get some relief!

1 comments:

me said...

*HUGS*
I'm sorry to hear Chiggie had to experience this too, and hope you're both feeling 100% now and starting a new season, of healthiness! :)