Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Puppy Love


* This is mostly for my own record. If it bores you to tears feel free to skip and you won't hurt my feelings a bit!*


The puppy has officially been here for 4 days. The King had him for an entire week before he came home so he's technically been a Dauk for about 10 days. In some ways having him around is much easier than I anticipated. He is very cooperative and is learning quickly. At around 11pm I put him in his crate ( a very fancy house complete with windows the King bought him) for the night. He never even whimpers, just lays right down and goes to sleep.


He sleeps through the night and keeps his little house dry. At about 6:30 am I hear him stirring around and get up and take him out immediately. Consistency is huge and I want him to have a routine. Chiggie doesn't have to be up until 7 so that gives me 30 minutes to potty, feed, and play with the puppy and still give her my full attention first thing.


After he potties, eats, and plays a bit he is content to sit back and watch the action. If we go for a ride he comes along. If we go somewhere he can't, shopping etc. then he goes in the crate. He never protests but he is ecstatic to see us when we get home. He is kept plenty busy all day long by the girls who love to cuddle him and bring him his toys. Taking him out several times a day gets a little tiring especially when it's cold and he would prefer chew on a leaf over potty. I just remind myself that before long he will let me know when he needs to go out.


As far as the name goes we chose Napolean because he has such a dominant personality for such a little dog. The different spelling was intentional. We sure love the little dude!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

J keeps asking for a puppy. I just am not an animal person and I'm allergic to pet dander. We have been talking about maybe hermit crabs though, to start out with. I'm such a baby. Congratulations on being strong enough to have a dog.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!

Carmajo