Monday, November 03, 2008

The King's New Ride

For quite some time now the King has been pushing his luck with his car. A 1989 Ford Taurus that we purchased for $200. No heater and no air conditioner. It was a hot summer, but it's supposed to be a very cold winter. We had been looking into the idea of buying a truck, but I wasn't crazy about the idea of a payment. My hand was forced on Friday when he broke down on his way home. Luckily he was able to borrow a spare car from my sister and made it home. Much later than originally planned, but I was just relieved he didn't get stuck on the other side of the mountain. And now we shouldn't have to worry much at all.

As an added bonus the truck fits all of us so we now officially have 2 vehicles. It can also tow the camper and won't have any problems in the snow. I'm still not crazy about the idea of a payment but I think we just bought a little peace of mind.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin good! I was way off by guessin charcoal, its not even close!

Family_Dauk said...

For some reason the lighting in these pictures makes the truck look a completely different color than it really is. It is much darker than it looks. The pictures make it look almost tan. Too weird.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! The King is riding in style now. That's great. His dad will be so happy for him. I'll show Bob when he gets home. So what color is it?

Danielle said...

Nice! Nothing beats a dependable vehicle!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmm...nice, only the best for the "King"

me said...

Oooooh pretty! Congrats on the truck, King! Try not to sweat the payments, QB, instead try to think of the peace of mind you now have! If it tows and fits all of you, I say that's an awesome purchase all things considered. ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a vehicle you can count on. It's nice also that the whole family can fit. It will make it a lot safer traveling the roads in winter.