Monday, March 31, 2008

We're Baaaaaack!!!

We actually got back late last night, but I've been busy with unpacking and the whole "returning to normal" thing. We've had an awesome last week or so. My 27th birthday was last Wednesday and I got a mountain bike and a Wii. I was surprised and ecstatic. We then left early on Thursday for Grand Junction. The girls did terrific on the drive. They watched movies, ate snacks, and napped on and off. It was amazing how well it went. I was worried for nothing.
Once in town my car decided to take a dump on us totally unexpectedly. This changed our plans a bit but we rolled with the punches. We saw tons of family members, went to see Horton Hears a Who, and enjoyed our time back at the hotel. Having the girls in another town all by myself and staying at a hotel alone was much easier than I had imagined. I was forgetful at times and kept leaving important things different places, but it all worked out.
We went to IHOP where Tea ordered Who Cakes which I have to admit were pretty impressive. The girls were on cloud 9 surrounded by their cousins and Grandparents. In a way that was a nice break for me. They basically entertained themselves while I got some down time with the adults.
Each night when we got back to our hotel they basically passed out. Nobody had difficulty falling asleep and I had a little time each night to just unwind. The weather cooperated for the most part and we spent a lot of time outside. This was nice after being cooped up for so long. Overall it was a very nice vacation and I hope we get to go back soon.

2 comments:

me said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH that looks like SUCH a great vaca! I'm so so so glad you were all healthy and had a great time! We all missed you horribly and would now LIKE TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOU!! I know there is at least one of you from that vaca so COUGH IT UP!!! :) How is the car now? What was wrong?
HAPPY BELATED 27th BIRHTDAY!!

Christine said...

Oh my goodness, those pictures are priceless! It looks like you all had a blast! I'm glad to hear it went well and thank you for the adorable pictures :)