Monday, March 10, 2008

Workin' Out

I have been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to update on the whole diet and exercise thing. As of today I am down 30lbs from my original weight on January 25th. I feel better and I'm pretty sure that I look a lot better too. 20 more pounds and I will have reached my goal weight. Truthfully this concerns me just a bit. See, I've never really had trouble losing weight. Maintenance is the difficult part for me. It's so easy to stay focused when you have a goal that you are working towards. Once that goes away it's easy to fall into the "celebration" trap. I tend to gain weight just as fast as I lose it.

I'm not doing any specific diet. Portion control and avoiding obvious high fat foods seems to do the trick here. As far as exercise goes I focus mainly on cardio and try to do at least 30 min's 6x a week. I'd love to do even more than that, but honestly I don't have the time. When it gets warmer out I'm sure I'll try to incorporate fun outdoor activies w/ the girls into my exercise plan. As a matter of fact I pointed out the bike that I want for my birthday to the King today. I also want a trailer to pull that I can put the little girls in. The older girls can keep up amazingly well so then we'll all be able to go biking together. For now I'm pleased with the progress I made and I hope I'm able to maintain this new lifestyle.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I hear you on the maintenance troubles! After doing Weight Watchers for a year, you'd think I would be an old pro at this but no one ever stopped to tell me how stinking HARD keeping the weight off is! There's no more little awards each week; there's no more little goals to work toward. It's way harder than getting the weight off was! Just keep up what your doing and vow to keep some sort of checks and balances once you get to your goal. It's tough but it's well worth it!

me said...

We were just discussing either buying me a bike and getting a seat for Jax or buying he and I our own. Congrats on your weight loss, now show us a picture! Chiggie can take the picture for you, she's old enough! :) :)