Monday, March 24, 2008

So Close

I am officially 10lbs from my goal weight. I never would have believed I'd even get down to the weight I'm at, so I guess I'm pretty happy. It's weird though, like I've mentioned before, once I get down in a healthier range I have trouble sometimes sustaining focus. Yesterday and today were hard days for me. Holidays can be so tricky when you're watching what you're eating. Even though I don't feel I over ate I do feel like I over obsessed. I don't like to spend more time thinking about food than I spend eating it. I'm sure I'll find a balance it'll just take time.

When I started this whole "weight loss journey" I was considered obese. I really was. I didn't feel obese and I'm pretty sure I didn't look obese either. But the numbers don't lie. Now I am in a "normal" weight range and I have a healthy BMI. The only reason I still want to lose 10lbs is I want to meet my original goal. I've worked to hard up to this point to just throw in the towel here. If I lose 10 more lbs and decide that I need to gain a little back, I'm sure that won't be a problem. I'm a little nervous about being out of town for several days as I won't have near as much control over my meals as I have at home. That's part of the whole process though, learning to adapt. I need to get back to the gym......

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Congrats! Your loss so far is such a great accomplishment! Those last 10 lbs will come off easier than you think. Don't cut yourself short. What you do is working...just do your best to keep it up! And if it takes a few weeks longer than normal, oh well. It will still come off eventually!

me said...

I said it before and I'll say it again...WE DEMAND A PICTURE! :)
you can do it, yes you can! :) :)

Christine said...

I am so impressed! And you can totally do it! Just a bit further :)