Monday, April 30, 2007

If it can Happen

Up until today Chiggie had lost 3 teeth. All on the bottom gum. Well, as of this afternoon she has now lost 3 1/2. Today while attempting to open a ketchup bottle with her teeth, a loose tooth on the bottom came out. It was exciting really. The tooth was pretty loose and we knew it would be coming out soon anyway. I washed off the tooth and put it a Ziploc bag for the tooth fairy. Upon looking at the tooth a little more closely I noticed it looked different. Almost hollow.

I set Chiggie up on the counter to get a good look in her mouth at the space the tooth had left. Oddly the tooth was gone, but the pulp was still there. The whole inside of the tooth is still in the socket! She isn't in any pain because the nerve still isn't exposed. It is the strangest thing that I have ever seen. After a few opinions I called our pediatric dentist and they said she would need to be seen as soon as possible. Unfortunately as soon as possible is tomorrow at 12:30. Until then I have to try to distract her from playing with the pulp and possible breaking open the sack causing excruciating pain. Fun.

I'll be sure to post tomorrow and let you all now how the appointment goes. Wish her luck!

0 comments: